Follow by Email

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Emotional Loon Rescue

This was a headline in the local paper, The Muskokan.

B
ut I also want it to be the title of my first autobiography.

Pages written today (so far -- yes, touching optimism): 4.5

Pages written yesterday: 4.5

I've gotten over a rather bad "patch" in which I was...very stuck. Stuck as things that is stuck in sticky things. But I--knockity knock on wood!--seem to have gotten through it. I've written through a scene that was giving me some troubles (a dinner party scene -- ugh). I think what I've written may--gosh, what's the technical term?--suck, but right now I just want to get it down. Some of it is obvious placeholders that I plan to go back in and make less terrible at some point in time that is not now.

As a gift from Sara, check this out.

4 comments:

Sara Joy said...

Ladays love the pontiff.

Easy O said...

Girl, you know I be praying for the poor!

That keeps cracking me up. Every time.

Emily F said...

We both seem to be falling down on the job a little (falling asleep at the wheel? I'm not sure what I want to say here) in terms of dedication to our blogs. I'm totally not into it, as I'd feared would be the case. Each time I think about posting something I get embarrassed imagining people reading it. Even if those people are only you, Jake, and my sister (my current loyal readership). What's a girl to do?

morgan said...

Easy O, is this a request blog? I mean, can I call in a request? I really, really want to know how the May term went. I could, you know, email, but maybe other people want to know how the term went, too? Did you ever think about that? Did you?

Question mark?

There was an error in this gadget